“Amazing night, such a good atmosphere, gorgeous food and wine, views to die for! Thanks for making my birthday so awesome!” Susan Henderson
Ernö Goldfinger's Balfron Tower is a 1960's Grade II-listed Brutalist icon situated in Londons East End. We undertook a fortnights residency in collaboration with Poplar Harker housing association. Starting with a champagne reception on the roof, guests then enjoyed a five course meal with stunning views across the city in the flat originally occupied by Goldfinger and his wife.
- Leek & parsley soup w/ lightly poached oysters, apple relish & sea purslane
- Roasted shallot, cows curd, hazelnut & nasturtium salad w/ a bone marrow vinaigrette
- Steamed hake w/ picked cauliflower & preserved lemon relish, butter roast cauliflower & tarragon mayonnaise
- Slow cooked pheasant w/ poached quince, celeriac & cavolo nero
- Baked apple w/ mincemeat stuffing & creme anglaise